[NCSG-FC] FY18 - NCSG requests

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Sat Feb 4 13:40:53 EET 2017

Hi Farzi,

As you know traditionally Supplemental Requests have come from the Constituencies. I'm happy to see that NCUC and NPOC have been working together on a joint proposal and I would be happy to shape up and submit as an NCSG request if the entire FC agrees. As you know I had made several suggestions to your initial submission; I'm still waiting to hear back.

As for other requests:

1. To the best of my knowledge none have come from the NCSG EC;

2. Anna Loup had expressed interest in possibly doing a joint NCUC - NPOC event in the UAE. I took this to NPOC and was told they intend to boycott the Abu Dhabi meeting;

3. I am putting together a small request based upon upcoming expenses the NCSG Chair has previously notified the NCSG that is coming true;

4. I am exploring the possibility of submitting a request to cohost an event with a GAC member at the Latin American meeting (site to be determined);

5. Given discussions surrounding the intersessional meeting I would like to submit a request for a beta travel policy involving firms that assist members in obtaining visas for ICANN meetings - unless both constituencies intend to do so. Feedback requested.

Of course. I'm sure the FC would be open to submitting a Supplemental Request proposed by any of our members. This is not a zero sum game and the more requests from the noncommercials community for expenditures that fit with ICANNs operational plans should be encouraged.

A reminder: deadline for submission is February 10th.

Kind Regards,

Ed Morris

Sent from my iPhone