[NCSG-EC] Fwd: [Ext] RE: Day Zero Meeting with the Board

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Thu Oct 24 16:58:07 EEST 2024

Here is some more information about the presentation to the Board during
the ICANN81 Day Zero - not to be confused with the public meeting with
the board:

"The 90-minute NCPH information session on 8 November 2024 will take
  place during an ICANN Board workshop. Remote participation will be
  available for observers. The ICANN Board expects that each invited
  chair (and/or vice chair) will provide an overview of their ICANN
  community group’s role and how it fulfills the role. Chairs (and/or
  vice chairs) are welcome to speak about their priorities and issues of
  importance to their ICANN community group, including policy development
  matters, but the ICANN Board is not prepared for an exchange or
  discussion on those topics. If a question or subject emerges during the
  information session that relates to those topics or that is best
  addressed by another member of that ICANN community group, then the
  ICANN Board will defer that item to the relevant joint session. These
  types of discussions are more appropriate for the joint sessions during
  ICANN Public Meetings where the open setting and interactive format
  allows for robust dialogue between the ICANN Board and the invited
  ICANN community group."

	Julf