[NCSG-EC] Day Zero Meeting with the Board

Pedro de Perdigão Lana pedrodeperdigaolana at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 21:46:20 EEST 2024

Hi Julf,

My two cents on a few subjects you can talk about:

   - RDRS transparency and accountability, especially related to publishing
   data related to countries of the requests (maybe @farzaneh badii
   <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com> can complement this)
   - DNS Abuse does not seem to be that much in the spotlight anymore, but
   it keeps coming up on policy updates and new initiatives. We are moving
   well here, but maybe it would be important to remind the board that this
   concept should stay as strict as possible.
   - Handbooks and Guides related to the new gTLDs need to be as accessible
   as possible, particularly considering people who are not already involved
   with ICANN or other DNS-intensive organizations
   - Reinforcing how the Applicant Support Program should be focused on
   entities that may have no background at all as registries and the needs of
   these entities (what they will need to feel that they can actually apply to
   the program) need to be found through direct consultation (something that
   will also be useful for outreach and dissemination), or else we won't be
   able to really achieve diversity in this new round. It seems that those
   interested in .Brands are pushing hard for larger protection of trademarks
   and other IP everywhere, which is already a potential enormous risk for
   diversity, and one would see in the ASP a possibility to counterbalance
   those risks.
   - Keep pushing for another chair in NomCom? 😉

Cordially,

*Pedro de Perdigão Lana*
Advogado - OAB/PR 90.600 <https://www.nic.br/>,  Pesquisador (GEDAI/UFPR
<https://www.gedai.com.br/>)
Doutorando em Direito (UFPR), Mestre em Direito Empresarial (UCoimbra),
Coordenação/Diretoria/EC @ ISOC BR <https://isoc.org.br/>, NCUC
<https://www.ncuc.org> & NCSG
<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Home>(ICANN),
YouthLACIGF <https://youthlacigf.lat/>, IODA <https://ioda.org.br/> e CC
Brasil <https://br.creativecommons.net/>.
Essa mensagem é restrita ao remetente e destinatário(s). Se recebida por
engano, favor responder informando o erro.