[NCSG-EC] CiviCRM notes

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Mar 14 18:48:59 EET 2023

Hi all,

Looking at the membership application forms in CiviCRM I see
one systemic problem and some odd individual glitches.

First, for organizational applicants the details are not
visible. They are in the system, however, and can be found
with a rather clumsy but workable kludge:

When you click the "approve" button, you get an URL like this:

https://members.ncsg.is/approve-ncsg-org-application?cid=4347

The details can then be found here:

https://members.ncsg.is/civicrm/contact/view?reset=1&cid=4347

Keeping the latter in another tab and just editing the number
at the end let's you see the details.

I copied those links to my comments in the applications I went
through last time, so for those you can click them there.

Not exactly convenient but I guess it'd be enough to get us
through the current backlog.

Another issue is that for some (not all) applications marking them
approved (or not) is not reflected in the summary list. I've no idea
why that happens or to which ones, but the markings are saved
nonetheless and can be recovered anyway, so this is just an
inconvenience (and mainly for Julf and maybe Andrea).

--
Tapani Tarvainen