[NCSG-EC] Membership of SSC - Action Required by 14 October 2022

David Morar davidcristianmorar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 20:34:50 EEST 2022

I agree with Caleb, we certainly should allow current members to continue
serving, since they are all eligible for another term. If one or more is
not on board, we then ask folks for applications asking about those
specific 3 pieces that Caleb points out!

Thank you very much,
Have a great day,
David

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 12:03 Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele via NCSG-EC <
ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> I believe as with the Charter and NCSG procedure, we are supposed to
> propose criteria for membership of that committee.
>
> These are the following proposals:
>
> Candidates should:
>

>    1.
>
>    Be familiar with the GNSO, the GNSO Council, and with the positions to
>    be filled by the SSC;
>    2.
>
>    Have some experience in candidates selection and review, in nominating
>    committee or any similar structure; and
>    3.
>
>    Commit to participating actively and diligently in the SSC’s
>    activities and discussions, and to coordinate with other NCSG
>    representatives.
>

> However, I believe we should give consideration to previous Committee
> members and ask if they are still interested in continuing their service in
> the committee. This is giving that they were previously screened for that
> role and no need to re-invent the wheel.
>
> Now, if they decline to continue to serve, then we can advertise.
>
> In a different email thread i sent, I'm aware Sam Lafranco who is an NPOC
> member had indicated interest in continuing to serve,
>
> Let me know your thoughts.
>
> Caleb
>

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 3:05 AM Johan Helsingius via NCSG-EC <
> ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:
>
>> Dear NCSG EC,
>>
>> By October 14 we need to reconfirm (or replace) our representatives
>> on the GNSO Council Standing Selection Committee. Our current
>> representatives are Olivier Kouami, Peter Akinremi Taiwo (as Vice-Chair)
>> and Sam Lanfranco.
>>
>> I welcome your opinions and views.
>>
>>         Julf

> *Caleb Ogundele*