[NCSG-EC] GNSO Standing Selection Committee (SSC) representative from NCSG

Sam Lanfranco samlanfranco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:33:17 EEST 2022

NCSG Officers,

I serve on the GNSO Standing Selection Committee (SSC) as the
representative from NCSG. Membership is to be re-confirmed annually
after the ICANN AGM. I am eligible to continue serving and am willing to
continue serving if that is the wish of NCSG. ICANN Policy Development
Support needs me to either confirm my continuation, or identify
replacements, where appropriate. The deadline for this response is
October 14^th . Please advise me as to the wishes of NCSG.

Below is the communication from ICANN Policy Development Support.

Sam Lanfranco

Dear colleagues, This message provides a brief update about the GNSO
Standing Selection Committee (SSC) and an action item for your SG/C.

Since the last AGM, the SSC successfully completed the one assignment it
received from the GNSO Council, the annual selection process for the
GNSO-appointed mentor for the ICANN Fellowship Program.

In addition, the SSC completed a successful charter review process this
year. The resulting charter updates were approved
<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+2022-05-19>
by the GNSO Council in May.

The next anticipated SSC assignment is again the annual selection the
ICANN Fellowship Program mentor, to be selected around the end of the
calendar year. In addition, as a Standing Committee, the Council may
call on the SSC at any time to identify replacement candidates for those
who step down from appointed positions. Therefore, it is important to
have a Committee ready on an ongoing basis.

According to the SSC Charter, “The membership is expected to be
confirmed by each Stakeholder Group and Constituency and the nominating
committee appointees within 3 weeks after the end of the ICANN AGM.”
Members may serve a maximum of two consecutive terms. With ICANN75
approaching, *I am reaching out to you to re-confirm members that are
eligible to remain on the SSC and/or identify replacements, where
appropriate.* The members of the SSC are:

*Name*

*Appointed by*

*Member Since*

*Status*

Alan Woods

RySG

November 2021

Eligible to continue serving.

Arinola Akinyemi(Ms) (Chair)

BC

October 2021

Eligible to continue serving.

Brian Winterfeldt

IPC

January 2022

Eligible to continue serving.

Glen de Saint Géry

IPC Alternate

March 2022

Eligible to continue serving.

Olivier Kouami

NCSG

November 2021

Eligible to continue serving.

Osvaldo Novoa

ISPCP

November 2020 (re-confirmed November 2021)

Requires replacement.

Paul McGrady

NomCom

November 2021

Eligible to continue serving.

Peter Akinremi Taiwo (Vice-Chair)

NCSG

November 2021

Eligible to continue serving.

Q Misell

RrSG

November 2021

Eligible to continue serving.

Sam Lanfranco

NCSG

November 2021

Eligible to continue serving.

Tomslin Samme-Nlar

Ex-Officio Member Representing GNSO Council Leadership

Ex-Officio Member Representing GNSO Council Leadership Since November 2021

TBD

For additional information about the SSC, please see the wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/aL-RAw <https://community.icann.org/x/aL-RAw>

  P*lease send confirmations no later than 14 October 2022.* Do not
hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

  Kind regards,

Julie and Emily
Emily Barabas
Policy Development Support Senior Manager
Phone: +31 (0)6 84507976
www.icann.org <http://www.icann.org/>