[NCSG-EC] NCSG membership applications

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Thu Nov 17 15:51:08 EET 2022

Dear EC,

Tapani volunteered to look into CiviCRM, and has given me an
admin account too. With his help, I managed to dump the data
as a CSV file, and wrote a simple (n)awk script to format it
in a more readable form. The results are attached, in both Word
and ASCII text form.

Many of the applications seem to lack the domain name information,
but for individual users that is not a show stopper.

How do you want to proceed? We could use CiviCRM/terminal to
gather your (revised) views, but unfortunately it only allows
for "Yes" or "No", not "Maybe, if they can provide <whatever>",
or we could just email our opinions as a list of applications
we don't approve (and why). What do you think is easier?

As to CiviCRM, my impression of it, as a former software
developer, is that it would perform well as a vacuum cleaner.
Seems the vendor would need exact specifications for any changes
we need even to provide a cost estimate. It also seems the
software actually has to be updated any time the EC changes...

	Julf