[NCSG-EC] Nomination period for councillors

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:30:20 EEST 2020

Hi Robin

Are you suggesting we appoint someone? I'm not sure what part of the
charter you are referring to. I could not find language in the charter that
fits our current circumstances, that is a defacto vacancy for lack of
candidates. There is the second paragraph of 3.2, but that seems to be
limited to a vacancy during the term of a councilor, as we did with
Farzaneh if I remember correctly. I might have missed the relevant language
though.

In any case, please don't misinterpret my question; I'm not suggesting we
should be fighting over the meaning of Charter words! Whether mandated or
not, I'd be fine appointing someone, but ideally I would prefer us to be
clear on why we are doing what we decide to do.

Have a nice day!