[NCSG-EC] Moderation rights on NCSG discuss

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 03:31:23 EEST 2020

Dear all,

I think some of us (2 or 3 should be sufficient) should have moderation
rights on the mailing list, and know how to use them, so that we can deal
with the filtered messages from Vaibhav, and in the future put do the same
as a quick preventative measure, with immediate but subsequent review by
the EC.

Maryam (along with Rafik) has rights to the list and can give moderation
rights to others too. I'd be glad to volunteer for moderation.

As for the future, I'm thinking that, even in case of individual
misjudgment by the moderator, the consequences are relatively small, and
they are far smaller than the consequences of letting such flame wars go
for too long.

And in any case, given that we can't hard lock or delete threads and
messages, this kind of measure appears imperative in view of the recent
(and less recent) experiences...

Let me know!

best,