[NCSG-EC] clarifications on election

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:06:07 EEST 2020

Hi all,

I'm afraid some "dissent" might catch on and snowball. I'm not totally
convinced of the wisdom of replying at this point though, so open to
any suggestion.

But what I could foresee in terms of language:

"Dear +++,

The basis for the rules we follow regarding elections to the GNSO can be
found in Art. 3.1. of the Charter. We have been using this system since
+++. You may disagree with it; there is indeed some rigidity to it. You are
also free to voice your disagreement.

While elections are often a time where procedural debates arise, we would
however encourage discussions about changes to our electoral system for the
GNSO Council positions to take place outside the electoral period. The
reason for this is that a change to this electoral process would require a
Charter amendment, in line with the rules at Art. 5 of said Charter.

You can find the most recent version of the Charter here:
https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/filefield_25801/ncsg-charter-05may11-en.pdf

Thank you for your understanding and continued engagement,"