[NCSG-EC] Nominations

Stephanie E Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 1 16:21:41 EEST 2020

Hi folks,

It was a busy day yesterday.  I am sorry to say that Tomslin's
nomination and acceptance came after midnight UTC so it would be good if
you guys quickly decided whether or not you are going to break another
rule and accept it.  David's came in, by my computer time, one minute
before the deadline so he is safe.  This decision is up to you, at least
in my opinion, although you could consult some of the procedural experts
for their views..

I have decided that I will withdraw my candidacy in order to give a
newcomer a chance.  As you can see from the geographic and gender
balance, even if the whole world hates me and I only get a few votes,
our rules might dictate that I would win over a second African male.

I think it has been good to get new people running in this race, and
although it has been very hectic and somewhat unusual, hopefully we have
a good outcome in the end!

Kind regards,

Stephanie