[NCSG-EC] wrapping up the host migration

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 16:28:06 EEST 2020

Hi all,

There is one outstanding issue remaining with the hosting migration which
otherwise worked out fine: our rfi at members.ncsg.is email needs to be
handled by another mail service/server. This situation only affects that
precise email account; all the other ones, including the mailing lists, are
unaffected.

After talking with our service provider he suggested that we set it up
separately to save costs and dev time, something I'm willing to do. The
simplest option we have, avoiding GSuite, is Zoho. It costs 12$/year per
account. We have only one so that would add 12$ to our current yearly
membership management spending.

It's not much as you can see, but it's still money and so l wanted to have
your (at least tacit) approval on that matter. So if I have no objections
by Monday 3rd COB (EST time) I will proceed with that. I'll put that on my
credit card and ask a refund from ICANN once a year, since I'm not going to
bother for 1$ every month.

Once this is all done I'll start looking into the NCSG mailing list
migration away from listserv toward mailman, allowing us to eventually set
up a uniform moderation procedure and process for all mailing lists (also
moderation with listserv is a pain, while mailman is much easier.) This
would include converting the mailist list archives too. I understand this
is something that has been in the pipeline for a while. I'll be dealing
with Tapani to figure out the best way to do that.

Have a nice weekend,