[NCSG-EC] Decision on replacement for council

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Thu Jan 10 20:33:16 EET 2019

All,

I think it would be terrific for NPOC to invite Amr to speak to them on constituency day in Kobe.  Amr has a wealth of knowledge and experience with GNSO-NCSG policy procedures and issues; and it would be great for NPOC members to hear from someone so deeply engaged in the GNSO policy process.  So I do encourage NPOC to invite Amr to speak to its members so they may become more engaged in policy development; and I expect Amr would be glad to do it.  But that is between NPOC and Amr, and it is not appropriate for this NCSG committee to suddenly start making such demands on behalf of particular constituencies.  We’ve never done it before, and we aren’t going to start allowing any constituency to make demands on NCSG resources.  Furthermore, Tapani withdrew his application, additionally making the issue moot.

Thanks,
Robin