[NCSG-EC] Fwd: Re: Replacement for a council member in ICANN 64

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sun Jan 6 11:10:37 EET 2019

Dear EC,

Apologies for jumping in, but after reading this discussion
thread I feel I have to intervene.

Please consider my application withdrawn.

Should you care about my opinion otherwise, I think both Farell and
Amr could do it, but Amr is clearly the best choice: not only
eminently able but also eager to do the job, whereas I'm only willing
to do it out of sense of duty as it were, as something I could do that
needs doing. But I'm much happier seeing it done by someone both
competent and enthusiastic than doing it myself.

I do want to point out, moot though it now is, that I did not apply as
NPOC representative: I don't have any official position in NPOC or
represent it anywhere or otherwise have any greater role there than in
NCUC (indeed arguably less). And councillors represent NCSG, not its
constituencies.

(Note, I'm not on this list and I only read the archives occasionally.
If you want my attention, please Cc: me explicitly.)

--
Tapani Tarvainen