[NCSG-EC] Selecting the third seat for Kobe

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Wed Nov 7 21:35:04 EET 2018

Hi Stephanie,

The way the travel support for EC has gone in the past is for the chair to take one travel slot and then one slot goes to one of the NCUC representatives in the NCSG EC, and the other travel slot goes to the one of the NPOC representatives on the NCSG EC.

As for the allocation to the NCUC reps to NCSG EC (Monika and myself), we typically rotate the slot between the two of us although sometimes we swap meetings when it works better with our schedules.  I believe NPOC does a similar type of rotation for its NCSG EC travel slot, although Raoul and Juan can say for sure if that is how they choose to allocate their slot between them.

Now that NCUC just had its election and has a new chair and EC, NCUC may choose to select new representatives to the NCSG EC in the coming weeks, so we really aren’t sure if we will still be on the NCSG EC in Kobe at this point.  I suggest we reach out to the new NCUC Chair and ask if NCUC will be making new NCSG EC appointments or if we should continue with Monika and I as EC representatives.  Another possibility is for us to continue on for Kobe, but with NCUC replacing us after the Kobe travel allocations since it could take some time to make those replacements and ICANN wants names of travelers last week.  In any event we should talk with the new NCUC chair about how NCUC will want to staff the NCSG EC in the next year.

As for the pending membership applications, I’d suggest you give us a deadline of a week or two to individually vote on them, and that we also have a call to discuss any concerns with the applications and any other business we need to take care of in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Robin