[NCSG-EC] New Applicants

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 17:55:17 EEST 2018

Ok, there was another couple, so I add them here with my comments:

*Name: *AFROTRIBUNE MEDIA FOUNDATION
*Country: *Ghana
*Website: *https://afrotribune.com
*Application date: *Friday, July 20, 2018 - 00:00
*How is the organisation funded?:*

Things have never been more exciting in Africa than they are now and the
continent's burgeoning tech space is all anyone can talk about. Pushing
African content at this moment is a very critical phase in Africa's rise to
join the on-going tech revolution. Together with 40 young journalits, we
decided to create Afrotribune. I was created in June 2017.
Sounds like it's a profit making company but I could be wrong. We need to
ask for more information unless someone can find out whether they are an
NGO.

-----

*Name: *Franco Giandana
*Country: *Argentina
*Application Date: *07/20/2018 - 00:00
*Categories:*
*Statement of Interest:*

I have participated in ICANN62 as a fellow and after the meeting I have
made up my mind regarding my will to participate in the NCUC. I have met
people involved in this constituency and believe that I can join them in
their efforts to represent the end users interest. I am the current
director of an NGO in Argentina doing digital rights advocacy. This
organisation is also a ALS within LACRALO.
Sounds good to me.

-----

*Name: *sudhakara arabagatte Mylarappa
*Country: *India
*Application Date: *07/25/2018 - 00:00
*Categories: *I am an Individual Internet user who is primarily concerned
with the public interest aspects of domain name policy and I am not
represented in ICANN through membership in another Supporting Organization
or GNSO Stakeholder Group.
*Statement of Interest:*

As a academician I educate users in Internet usage, social networking and
my favorite cyber crimes and security
Yup, sounds good.

-----

*Name: *Eric Osterweil
*Country: *United States
*Application Date: *07/23/2018 - 00:00
*Categories:*
*Statement of Interest:*

I am an assistant professor at George Mason University. I conduct DNS and
cybersecurity research, and am co-chair of the SSR2 RT.
Excellent.

-----

*Name: *Jonathan Matkowsky
*Country: *United States
*Application Date: *07/20/2018 - 00:00
*Categories:*
*Statement of Interest:*

I have a personal interest in making sure that commercial interests are
properly balanced against the rights and freedoms of individuals. I believe
there is no conflict between commercial interests and human rights. I value
commercially winning but only with integrity. I would not do anything to
violate these principles. I always maintain independent professional
judgment in my career. When I speak personally at ICANN, I will look out
for the interests of the underdog. I can properly balance my commercial
roles and personal participation.
*Are you a member of any group(s) within ICANN? If yes, please state:*

IPC
I wonder why they keep trying... Application not approved.

-Raoul