[NCSG-EC] Travel Support for one member from a developing country

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:51:06 EEST 2018

Robin

The sooner the better but I am waiting for Icann staff to instruct me on
the undeserved under represented regions in Europe. Because that is the
requirement in the abr. As soon as I get the info we draft something and
give the members a week to apply. I think we need to take action soon
otherwise constituency travel won't be happy.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:37 PM Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org> wrote:

> Thanks, Farzi, yes I agree with you, and look forward to seeing what
> regional leader we can bring to ICANN63 in Barcelona.  Do we have a
> deadline by when we must make the selection?
>
> Best,
> Robin
>

> On Jul 9, 2018, at 9:06 AM, farzaneh badii via NCSG-EC <
> ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:
>
> NCSG EC,
>
> Our ABR to have travel support for a leader from a developing country to
> go to an ICANN meeting has been approved and we need to initiate the call
> as soon as possible. The ABR says that the candidate has to be from an
> underrepresented underserved region but within the applicable ICANN meeting
> region. So it means for ICANN 63, the person we select has to be from
> Europe but from underserved region of Europe which immediately makes me
> think, South East Europe (SEE).
>
> I think we need to draft a call to that effect and send it to the list.
>

> *FY19-08-NCSG-Participation of Leaders from Developing Countries at ICANN
> Meetings NCSG request for support of leadership from developing countries
> at ICANN Public Meetings*
>
> (Yes)(10,045)(to be managed by Benedetta Rossi, Manager for   Policy
> Support &  Community Services, ICANN Policy Development Support)
>
> The    success of similar pilot    efforts and    the opportunity
> presented for leadership recruitment from    under served and
> underrepresented countries qualifies this    request for   support.
> Approval is  granted for   1 traveller per   ICANN Public Meeting in  FY19
> (i.e.    ICANN63, 64,   and 65)   from    an   underserved and
> underrepresented country within the applicable ICANN meeting region.
> Approval of   this request is contingent upon    coordination with
> ICANN’s Policy Development Support Team and on   the submission of a
> written report within 30   days    of   travel which addresses how    the
> opportunity met  the   request objectives and each    itemized metric as
> per the community request. The report is  to  be   submitted to
> sbr-outcomes at icann.org and    is  a  condition of  future resource
> allocations. Unused travel allocations may    not be   carried over    to
> future meetings or  the   next    fiscal year.    Approved travel means
> economy airfare +  hotel + per   diem for 1 traveller as noted above.
>
> Farzaneh

Farzaneh