[NCSG-EC] Travel Support for one member from a developing country

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 19:06:30 EEST 2018

NCSG EC,

Our ABR to have travel support for a leader from a developing country to go
to an ICANN meeting has been approved and we need to initiate the call as
soon as possible. The ABR says that the candidate has to be from an
underrepresented underserved region but within the applicable ICANN meeting
region. So it means for ICANN 63, the person we select has to be from
Europe but from underserved region of Europe which immediately makes me
think, South East Europe (SEE).

I think we need to draft a call to that effect and send it to the list.

*FY19-08-NCSG-Participation of Leaders from Developing Countries at ICANN
Meetings NCSG request for support of leadership from developing countries
at ICANN Public Meetings*

(Yes)(10,045)(to be managed by Benedetta Rossi, Manager for   Policy
Support &  Community Services, ICANN Policy Development Support)

The    success of similar pilot    efforts and    the opportunity presented
for leadership recruitment from    under served and    underrepresented
countries qualifies this    request for   support. Approval is  granted
for   1 traveller per   ICANN Public Meeting in  FY19 (i.e.    ICANN63,
64,   and 65)   from    an   underserved and underrepresented country
within the applicable ICANN meeting region. Approval of   this request is
contingent upon    coordination with    ICANN’s Policy Development Support
Team and on   the submission of a  written report within 30   days    of
travel which addresses how    the   opportunity met  the   request
objectives and each    itemized metric as per the community request. The
report is  to  be   submitted to sbr-outcomes at icann.org and    is  a
condition of  future resource allocations. Unused travel allocations may
not be   carried over    to  future meetings or  the   next    fiscal
year.    Approved travel means economy airfare +  hotel + per   diem for 1
traveller as noted above.

Farzaneh