[NCSG-EC] Funding available for attending INTA

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:21:11 EET 2018

We have an approved ABR request for this year meeting of INTA which will be
held in Seattle.

We need to issue a call for the members to apply. If I do not receive an
objection by Wednesday this week I will send the below to the members.

Two travel support slots are available for NCSG members to attend INTA
annual meeting :https://www.inta.org/2018Annual/Pages/Home.aspx

The meeting is targeted at IP rights of brand owners and the applicants
need extensive knowledge of IP and how INTA and similar association work.
If you are interested, please apply by sending an email to me and Maryam
and express your interest. Please note the travel support was approved by
ICANN through an additional budget request, ICANN has set a condition that
1. you should be located in North America to go to INTA and 2. need to
write a report after the event.

You need to also have a good knowledge of IP law, and be familiar with how
NCSG tries to combat trademark overreach at ICANN. You are also required to
have a clear plan on what you are going to do at INTA, if you are planning
to meet with certain IP law firms that are aligned in mission with NCSG and
how you are going to use this opportunity to forge stronger allies with
like minded IP lawyers.

Apply by 31 January 2018 13.00 UTC.

ABR Decision

FY18-56-NCSG –INTA MeetingTravel support for NCSG at INTA
2018(Yes)(5,000)(Benedetta Rossi)Two NCSG regional travelersfrom North
American Region approved to attend INTA 2018on a pilot basis to test
potential effectiveness of outreach efforts to this community. Approval
contingent on the submission of a written report within 30 days of travel
thataddresses eachitemized metric as per request. Report to be submitted to
sbr-outcomes at icann.organd
is a condition of future resource allocations. Approval includes economy
airfare + hotel + per diem for up to two NCSG regional members.

Farzaneh