[NCSG-EC] NCSG History Project Applicants

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 05:59:27 EET 2018

Dear NCSG EC

We received a couple of applications for the NCSG History project and I
think the most elaborate and suitable is ISOC Mexico with good experts and
Dina's application (attached) is also very good plus she doesn't need
travel support so she can just join their group if she wants to help out
and be a part of the project  .

Since we really don't have time and I would like to inform ICANN travel and
history project about the decision, please weigh in if you want by tomorrow
14.00 UTC. I am sorry for the short notice but they approached me really
late as well.

Here are the people who have applied for the history project:

1. *Kris Seebern *(offered his help, said specifically: , does not specify
what he plans to do or background in his email,, he provided a one
liner that he is not a veteran but he can write. I can forward his email to
you since the doc has some confidential information (email addresses of
others which I cannot remove at the moment)

*2. Dina (Dina has a good plan, doesn't need funding and I think we can
offer her to collaborate with others to design the project, application
attached)*

*3. ISOC Mexico, Communications academics, journalists and PhD students
based in Annenberg:*

ISOC Mexico PRoposal:
I would propose two of our professors, as they are my former students,
currently they are on their PhD at USC Annenberg in LA, however they would
be in march in Mexico. We discussed in the morning, that altough a writing
would be the central part of the "research", we would propose a good
audiovisual recording, that may be implemented as a short video (we did
that for ISOC Mx history). Here is their short resumé, let me know if it
works for you.

Roberto Hernandez. BFA in Communications with a major in film and
television, MA by Universidad Iberoamericana Ciudad de México, with studies
towards a cinematographic criticism and photographic analysis in Latin
American cinema. Part time Professor at Universidad Iberoamericana Ciudad
de México, with practical and academic experience since 2009. Audiovisual
creator that contributes to the vision of photography though an academic
perspective, both on set and during international conferences.

Roberto and Paulina, have a good number of research students available for
the project.

Paulina Lanz. BA in Communications and an MA in Art Studies from
Universidad Iberoamericana (Mexico City), PhD Candidate USC Annenberg
School of Communication. As a Communications Undergraduate Program Lecturer
at her Alma Mater, she guides students to a conscious acknowledgment of
emerging and digital media, encouraging mind-broadening proposals for
future investments in transdisciplinary projects.

The aims for the project is as follows,

The project will contribute to the NCSG History Project through the
development of an archive of interviews framing a documentary. Recordings
will be made around ICANN61 in Puerto Rico. A dozen of video interviews to
key actors and group founders, including an English transcript, will pave
ground for a bigger picture media creation. Their view as leaders and
activists on the non-commercial part of the Internet will depict a broader
range of possibilities on a cultural construction, relevant to digital
societies we live in.

A broader result will be achieved if more interviews are recorded at Panamá
during ICANN62. This would provide a better portrait of NCSG through the
history as told by such key persons. Again, the strategy will be based in a
two-person crew with a full postproduction crew at Mexico (UIA) and LAX
(USC).

*4. Wolfgang applied for Panama. Quite a veteran should be interviewed. *

Farzaneh