[NCSG-EC] Election timeline

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Wed Jun 28 17:18:12 EEST 2017

Dear all,

We discussed election timeline briefly in our meeting today.

Looking at calendar now, here's a bit more detailed version:

July 17  voter check-in begins
July 31  nomination period begins
Aug  13  nomination period ends
Aug  17  voter check-in ends
Aug  18  deadline for nomination acceptance
Aug  19  deadline for candidate statements
Aug  21  voting begins
Sep   3  voting ends
Sep   4  results announced

This is just first draft, I don't know when we must have results - I'm
probably being overcautious here assuming first week of September.

There're also some other aspects that might merit discussion, like how
long time we want between end of nomination period and voting.

Comments welcome.

--
Tapani Tarvainen