[NCSG-EC] Constituency review - questionnaire draft

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Fri Feb 24 21:45:25 EET 2017

Dear all,

Nobody commented on my notes on the subject, but I trust you've
read them so we can discuss them during the call.

Below (at the very last moment, apologies) is my first draft of the
questionnaire I propose we send to the Constituency Chairs:

---------------------------------8<---------------------------------

Dear Chair,

NCSG Executive Committee is conducting Constituency Review, as required
by NCSG Charter 2.3.3, to determine if any recommendation should be made
to the Board regarding a change in status of any Constituency.

To that end we ask you to answer to the questions below.

1a) What is the purpose of your constituency, as defined
    in your bylaws?

1b) Are all your members also members of NCSG (yes/no)?

1c) What is the the common interest or background of
    your membership and the focus of your group?

2. Do you have a publicly dynamic, publicly archived
   mailing list and where its archives can be found (URL)?

3. Do you participate actively in relevant NCSG and GNSO
   PDP Working Groups or Work Teams?

   Please provide as complete as possible list of such groups or teams
   and names of your people who've participated in them over the
   years 2015 and 2016, noting also any who've been Chairs or Co-Chairs.

4. Have you participated actively in submitting comments and
   other policy statements to the NCSG and GNSO?

   Please provide as complete list as possible of such comments
   and statements you've made during 2015-2016, with links to
   where they've been published.

5. Do you have at least 10 participants who've signed up to
   an updated SOI?

   Please provide a list (links to SOIs) of at least 10 such.

For all questions: If you have plans or projects in progress
that may affect your situation in the future, including but
not limited to changes in your bylaws, please describe them.

Please reply to me by 15 May, 2017, even if you can't come up with
complete answers to all questions by that time. We will to ask for
more details and clarifications as needed and engage you in discussion
about possible problems, and welcome any questions or concerns you may
have about this before answering.

The intent is to complete the review by ICANN59 meeting in Johannesburg,
but we may take longer if needed.

Sincerely,

Tapani Tarvainen
NCSG Chair