[NCSG-EC] Consumers' Candidate Constituency

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu Feb 23 10:03:39 EET 2017

Dear all,

One agenda item in our meeting tomorrow is the status of Consumers'
Constituency. It's been candidate constituency for a long time but has
had no activity in years, so I think it's about time to close the book
on it.

I contacted its last known representative, Dorothy Gordon, who told me
she tried to reach out to others who'd been there earlier without
success, as well as Avri Doria, who was involved when it was started,
and they agree it's defunct and don't object to its being terminated.

Should someone want to revive it they can restart the process by
re-applying for candidate status.

Below are relevant items from GNSO rules and our charter (thanks
to Avri for help here).

Reading them it is quite evident that Consumers' Constituency does not
qualify as a constituency, so I propose we'll remove its candidate
status fortwith, as a separate step in our review process.

I am open to persuasion if someone wants to carry it along while
we review our active constituencies and remove it only when that
process is complete, but at the moment I don't see a need for that.