[NCSG-EC] Temp alt for council - URGENT

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Fri Feb 10 18:06:23 EET 2017

Dear all,

As you know Amr resigned from the council this morning so we need
to appoint a temporary alternate to replace him.

I already put it on the agenda for our next meeting in two weeks,
but it turns out we can't wait that long: we need someone for
the council meeting next week. I'd thought of using a proxy for
that but it turns out it's not possible in this situation.

I would not want to rush with this, Amr's term would've lasted until
Abu Dhabi, almost a year, so we should select his replacement with
care.

So, under the circumstances I suggest we first appoint someone just
for next week's meeting, preferably someone experienced who can
land running as it were, without a call if we can agree on the list.

Then we can consider the appointment for the rest of the year
separately on our call on the 24th. For that it might make sense
to look for new blood as it were, as there'd be time to learn.

So, I'm calling for suggestions for temp alt *for next week only*
at this point.

The council meeting is on the 16th, so we need to decide before then -
preferably a few days before.

Given that most of our councillors (indeed all but Rafik) will be in
Reykjavik then it'd make sense to appoint someone who's there as well,
and preferably someone experienced and up to date on what's going on
in the council.

As time is short, I'll make a suggestion right away: Avri Doria.

Please reply quickly. Preferably by Monday, but no later than
Wednesday in any case - the council meeting is on Thursday.

Thank you,

--
Tapani Tarvainen