[NCSG-EC] Procedural errors

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Aug 7 11:08:21 EEST 2017

Dear Gangadhar,

No, the Charter does not say anything specific about that.
If it did we'd be unlikely to be having this discussion.

For reference, you can find the Charter here:

https://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/ncsg-charter-05may11-en.pdf

In general there're very few detailed processes there, the EC should
write such wherever needed. In some cases, such as member removal, the
Charter explicitly says it should be done and have the procedures
approved by membership, and we've been working on that for some time
now - we actually have a draft ready for larger discussion, but we
didn't address voluntary resignation there. Perhaps we should.

The issue should become pretty much moot soon though, as one planned
feature of the new member database system is an interface for members
to access and update their own information, including things like
changing the representative of an organization as well as resigning.
We'll just have to make the interface and wording there explicit
enough to avoid any misunderstandings as well as possible.

Best regards,

Tapani