[NCSG-EC] committee methods and procedures

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Fri Apr 28 21:22:09 EEST 2017

Dear colleagues,

While working on the membership procedures in recent weeks and spending time with our charter, I noticed that there are a couple items in our task list (“our" meaning the NCSG-EC) that we haven’t yet undertaken and should.

Section 2.4 of the charter, which lists principal EC duties, includes “After review by the NCSG members, review and approve NCSG-PC and NCSG-FC methods and procedures.”

I’d like to propose that we ask these two critical NCSG committees to draft and submit methods and procedures for their operations that can be reviewed and approved by the NCSG members and the EC, as stated in our charter.

We should be operating holistically with shared goals and priorities that are carried out throughout the NCSG committees.  And having documented procedures for how committees are to function will help them to run more smoothly and with less confusion about who is responsible for doing what and we will be able to get much more accomplished.

What do others think?  Shall we undertake our responsibility under the charter to get these committee procedures documented and in place?

Thanks,
Robin