[Auctionproceeds] Fwd: [Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Fwd: Board reply to CCWG-AP

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 4 22:15:12 EEST 2017

Dear auction proceeds folks, REally important letter incoming from the
Board re the limited scope and mission of ICANN WRT the auction proceeds
disbursement.  James Gannon has been active on the list, I will forward
some of his latest, and I must say I am persuaded by his argument.
There are plenty of things related to consensus policies that ICANN has
enacted, we do not have to stick to DNS security issues which some of us
find a tad boring.  But I agree that we must not open up content.

There has been a proposal to define "the Open Internet" and use that as
a means to broaden our scope.  I think it is a bad idea.

Let me know what you think....

cheers Stephanie Perrin