[NCSG-PC] Comments on the CCOICI survey

Stephanie E Perrin stephanie at digitaldiscretion.ca
Sun Mar 10 21:33:28 EET 2024

I hope you are all happily home again after a safe and relaxing trip,
luggage in tow.  If not, my sympathies.

Here is a google doc with my suggested comments on the survey. Frankly,
while we are not happy with the outcome of the CCOICI, I cannot see any
point in trying out a different structure.  Maybe we can fix the one we
have.  Maybe we should have brought in ethics and COI experts to help
the task force.  We cannot consider changing the voting procedure at
Council, we depend on the ability to object ourselves.  However, we need
to not repeat what happened, and we need to get back at fixing the SOIs.

Comments welcome, sorry for the delay but I had to go over the meetings
and the root documents.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KYB7RxmiYymxnyTxJ74ZOwG0EJ-N0GlwRrOEeiWvSwc/edit?usp=sharing

cheers Steph Perrin

PS I am hopeless with google documents, hate them, so I wont be offended
if you tell me I set it up all wrong.  Hopefully you can make suggestions