[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [council] Topic 24 Supplemental Recommendations

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 23:32:46 EEST 2024

Are we okay with this?

Warmly,
Tomslin

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: DiBiase, Gregory via council <council at icann.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 at 05:29
Subject: [council] Topic 24 Supplemental Recommendations
To: council at gnso.icann.org <council at gnso.icann.org>

Dear Councilors,

At our April meeting we adopted all supplemental recommendations except for
those related to Topic 24: String Similarity Evaluation. Due to time
constraints, we did not decide how to proceed with further evaluation of
Topic 24.

In the interest of sustaining momentum, Leadership is proposing the we add
the new work re: Topic 24 to the small team assignment form (see attached),
then allow the small team to consider a strawman proposal developed by
Staff.  After evaluation of the proposal, the small team will return to
Council with its conclusions on whether this proposal is viable, and if so,
provide draft language for the Council to consider.

We do not believe amendment to the assignment form requires a vote, and the
Small Team can start their work as soon as the strawman proposal is
delivered by Staff. If any Councilors disagree, please respond on list and
we can discuss at our May meeting.

Thanks,

Greg