[NCSG-PC] NCSG Policy Committee Chair Election

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 06:03:17 EET 2023

Hi Liz,

As per the procedure, once the Policy Committee Chair is confirmed, a
second call for interest will be issued at this list and the PC members can
elect up to 2 Vice-chairs. The appointment of the volunteers will be
confirmed if there is no objection within PC.

Warmly,
Tomslin
@LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomslin/

On Mon, 6 Nov 2023 at 18:54, Liz Orembo <lizorembo at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>>       -
>>>
>>>       Acting as project manager and tracking tasks and activities;
>>>       -
>>>
>>>       Following closely policy discussions, initiatives and public
>>>       comments. Liaising with drafting team for public comments;
>>>       -
>>>
>>>       Following closely the deadlines, ensuring NCSG has enough
>>>       volunteers to draft comments and delivering in a timely manner;
>>>       -
>>>
>>>       Identify NCSG members participating in PDP WG and liaise with
>>>       them for reporting and updates; e
>>>       -
>>>
>>>       Organize the appointment of NCSG representatives by PC to GNSO
>>>       council committees, PDP WG when there is a call for members etc.
>>>

>>>    -
>>>
>>>    Liaising with GNSO Council work and its committees (SSC, SCBO, PDP
>>>    3.0 small team);
>>>    -
>>>
>>>    Track progress for working groups and approaching members to get
>>>    updates;
>>>    -
>>>
>>>    Planning tasks (e.g. review of public comments,
>>>    selection/appointment of NCSG representatives), schedule the NCSG policy
>>>    calls and PC meetings, sharing agendas with PC members for review;
>>>    -
>>>
>>>    Plan and schedule topic webinars on policy issue;
>>>    -
>>>
>>>    Liaising with NCSG chair regarding NCSG letters to board and
>>>    communication with other SG/C;
>>>    -
>>>
>>>    Work with PC vice-chairs.
>>>

>>> IMPORTANT INFO
>>>

>>>    -
>>>
>>>    This is a call open to all NCSG councillors and representatives from
>>>    NCUC and NPOC to Policy Committee;
>>>    -
>>>
>>>    Nominations and self-nominations are both permitted and should be
>>>    sent to the Policy Committee List;
>>>    -
>>>
>>>    After the nominations, a candidate's confirmation of acceptance and
>>>    expression of interest should be sent to the Policy Committee mailing list
>>>    by 8th November;
>>>

>>> TIMELINE
>>>

>>> 1- Nomination period: from 2nd November to 8th November
>>>
>>>    -
>>>
>>>    The nominee should accept the nomination and send a short SOI by the
>>>    8th of November.
>>>

>>> 2- Election: from 9th to 14th November
>>>
>>> Vote is mandatory to all Policy Committee members. The GNSO support
>>> staff will act as the election officer. The options in the ballot should be
>>> the candidates who confirmed by the deadline and NOTA.
>>>

>>> 3- Results: should be available by 15th November
>>>
>>> The candidate with 2/3 of the NCSG‑PC membership votes will be declared
>>> winner.
>>>

>>> VICE-CHAIRS APPOINTMENTS
>>>

>>> Once the Policy Committee Chair is confirmed, a second call for
>>> interest will be issued at this list and the PC members can elect up to
>>> 2 Vice-chairs. The appointment of the volunteers will be confirmed if there

>>> Tomslin