[NCSG-PC] NCSG Policy Committee Chair Election

Akinremi Peter Taiwo compsoftnet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 02:31:21 EET 2023

Dear PC,

I would like to express my interest in the Policy Chair position to
continue the excellent job Tomlin is doing for the community.

As the current Vice PC chair, I have slowly observed the responsibility and
commitment of the PC and as a result, I would be happy to serve the
community in this capacity.

Regards.
Peter

On Wed, Nov 1, 2023 at 2:23 PM Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi PC members,
>
> I am writing to call for the election of the Policy Committee Chair.
> Normally this is started towards the end of October but I delayed it to
> ensure we have all the constituency representatives added to the list first.

> POSITION
>
> Policy Committee Chair over the course of a 1 year term.  The chair tasks
> can be summarized into:
>

>    -
>
>    Managing PC work:
>    -
>       -
>
>       Acting as project manager and tracking tasks and activities;
>       -
>
>       Following closely policy discussions, initiatives and public
>       comments. Liaising with drafting team for public comments;
>       -
>
>       Following closely the deadlines, ensuring NCSG has enough
>       volunteers to draft comments and delivering in a timely manner;
>       -
>
>       Identify NCSG members participating in PDP WG and liaise with them
>       for reporting and updates; e
>       -
>
>       Organize the appointment of NCSG representatives by PC to GNSO
>       council committees, PDP WG when there is a call for members etc.
>

>    -
>
>    Liaising with GNSO Council work and its committees (SSC, SCBO, PDP 3.0
>    small team);
>    -
>
>    Track progress for working groups and approaching members to get
>    updates;
>    -
>
>    Planning tasks (e.g. review of public comments, selection/appointment
>    of NCSG representatives), schedule the NCSG policy calls and PC
>    meetings, sharing agendas with PC members for review;
>    -
>
>    Plan and schedule topic webinars on policy issue;
>    -
>
>    Liaising with NCSG chair regarding NCSG letters to board and
>    communication with other SG/C;
>    -
>
>    Work with PC vice-chairs.
>

> IMPORTANT INFO
>

>    -
>
>    This is a call open to all NCSG councillors and representatives from
>    NCUC and NPOC to Policy Committee;
>    -
>
>    Nominations and self-nominations are both permitted and should be sent
>    to the Policy Committee List;
>    -
>
>    After the nominations, a candidate's confirmation of acceptance and
>    expression of interest should be sent to the Policy Committee mailing list
>    by 8th November;
>

> TIMELINE
>

> 1- Nomination period: from 2nd November to 8th November
>
>    -
>
>    The nominee should accept the nomination and send a short SOI by the
>    8th of November.
>

> 2- Election: from 9th to 14th November
>
> Vote is mandatory to all Policy Committee members. The GNSO support staff
> [...]

Best regards

*Taiwo Peter Akinremi*
*Policy Advisory | Data Governance and Privacy Consultant | Information
Security & Cybersecurity | Certified Salesforce Administrator*
*Phone*; +2348117714345, +2347063830177 *Skype*: akinremi.taiwo
*Email:* compsoftnet at gmail.com, peterexecute at gmail.com