[NCSG-PC] NCSG seat for ICANN Leadership Program (LP) 2024

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 06:54:54 EET 2023

Hi Juan, all,

I gave this a bit of further thought. I realised in the past, it was pretty
straightforward because the criteria was simply NCSG leadership to attend.

In the same way, to avoid an unnecessary very complex process, I recommend
we limit the criteria to Policy Committee leadership. Another reason for
limiting it to leadership is for it to act as incentive to encourage
members who would otherwise not be interested in PC leadership to consider
it.

NCSG charter allows for a chair and 2 vice-chairs in PC leadership. We
currently have only one vice-chair because no one else was interested.

Following my proposal above, in terms of eligibility for this LP seat, only
myself and the vice-chair, Peter Akinremi are eligible. As current chair, I
naturally would love for vice-chairs to be confident enough to become
chair, despite the fact that there hasn't been any precedent of this. NCSG
struggled to have someone volunteer to be PC chair after Rafik. That is not
something I'd like to see repeating. So, my proposal is for the current
vice-chair (Akinremi Peter) to take this LP seat that has been offered to
the PC.

Can members let me know if they object to this proposal.

Warmly,
Tomslin