[NCSG-PC] [Call for Volunteers] NCSG Member to the Second IANA Naming Function Review (IFR)

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Tue May 23 00:19:42 EEST 2023

Dear all,

The ICANN Board is convening the second IANA Naming Function Review (IFR)
team. The IANA Naming Function Review (IFR) is an accountability mechanism
mandated
by ICANN’s Bylaws Article 18 to ensure that Public Technical Identifiers
(PTI) meets the needs and expectations of its naming customer. For more
information, go to
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/bryce-to-reynoso-et-al-06apr23-en.pdf

According to Bylaws Section 18.7, we must appoint a member to form part of
the team. So, this call is for members to submit expressions of
interest.All candidates for appointment to the IFR team as a member or
liaison are required to submit an expression of interest to the appointing
organization, stating:
○ Why the candidate is interested in becoming involved in the IFR team.
○ What skills the candidate would bring to the IFR team.
○ The candidate's knowledge of the IANA functions.
○ The candidate's understanding of the purpose of the IFR team.
○ That the candidate understands the time necessary to participate in the
IFR process
and can commit to the role.

If you're interested, please send through an EOI to me and copy Julf
(julf at Julf.com) and Andrea (andrea.glandon at icann.org)
*Note that the deadline for submission is June 10th 2023*.

Warmly,
Tomslin
@LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomslin/