[NCSG-PC] [Call for Volunteers] NCSG Member to the Second IANA Naming Function Review (IFR)

Akinremi Peter Taiwo compsoftnet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 21:36:45 EEST 2023

Hi Tomslin,

Since there are no other volunteer, we can have him represent. However,
would have prefer someone with understanding of IANA functions and
operations.

Regards.

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 12:26 PM Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear PC,
>
> I have forwarded to you the expression of interest of Stephen Dakyi.
>
> Please urgently let me know if you have any objections with us appointing
> him as our rep to IFR2 by end of today UTC 00:00 considering that we are
> late in getting anyone to show interest in this work.
>
> Warmly,
> Tomslin
>
> On Tue, 23 May 2023, 07:19 Tomslin Samme-Nlar, <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> The ICANN Board is convening the second IANA Naming Function Review (IFR)
>> team. The IANA Naming Function Review (IFR) is an accountability mechanism
>> mandated
>> by ICANN’s Bylaws Article 18 to ensure that Public Technical Identifiers
>> (PTI) meets the needs and expectations of its naming customer. For more
>> information, go to
>> https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/bryce-to-reynoso-et-al-06apr23-en.pdf
>>
>> According to Bylaws Section 18.7, we must appoint a member to form part
>> of the team. So, this call is for members to submit expressions of
>> interest.All candidates for appointment to the IFR team as a member or
>> liaison are required to submit an expression of interest to the appointing
>> organization, stating:
>> ○ Why the candidate is interested in becoming involved in the IFR team.
>> ○ What skills the candidate would bring to the IFR team.
>> ○ The candidate's knowledge of the IANA functions.
>> ○ The candidate's understanding of the purpose of the IFR team.
>> ○ That the candidate understands the time necessary to participate in the
>> IFR process
>> and can commit to the role.
>>
>> If you're interested, please send through an EOI to me and copy Julf
>> (julf at Julf.com) and Andrea (andrea.glandon at icann.org)
>> *Note that the deadline for submission is June 10th 2023*.
>>
>> Warmly,
>> Tomslin
>> @LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomslin/

Best regards

*Taiwo Peter Akinremi*
*Policy Advisory | Data Governance and Privacy Consultant | Information
Security & Cybersecurity | Certified Salesforce Administrator*
*Phone*; +2348117714345, +2347063830177 *Skype*: akinremi.taiwo
*Email:* compsoftnet at gmail.com, peterexecute at gmail.com