[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [Expressions of Interest] NCSG Member to the Second IANA Naming Function Review (IFR)

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Tue Jul 4 12:54:00 EEST 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Expressions of Interest] NCSG Member to the Second IANA
Naming Function Review (IFR)
Date: 	Thu, 29 Jun 2023 10:41:36 +0000
From: 	Stephen Dakyi <nanayawbotar at gmail.com>
To: 	Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>
CC: 	Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com>, andrea.glandon at icann.org

Hello,

I write to express my interest in volunteering as a member/Liaison of
the NCSG on the second IANA Naming Function Review (IFR) team.

I am Stephen Dakyi, a member of NCSG from the Africa region. I serve as
Executive Director of DABY Foundation, a non-profit that facilitates the
participation and inclusion of basic school pupils in the discussions
and attainment of the SDGs. I also serve as head of Operation of Divine
Organic Hub, an organic products retail outlet.

As a non-profit manager with a strong interest in human and child rights
protection, serving as a member of or liaison to the second IFR team
would provide me with a unique opportunity to contribute to the
accountability and improvement of the IANA naming function. It would
allow me to actively participate in ensuring contractual compliance and
promoting transparency within the organization. By being involved in the
team, I can have a direct impact on decisions and collaborate with
experts in the field, further enhancing my professional development and
expertise in this specialized area.

   I am equipped with a comprehensive skill set which I would bring  to
the review team, my expertise in project management, interpersonal
skills, leadership, report writing, analytical skills, communication
skills, and teamwork will  enable me to contribute effectively to the
evaluation of PTI's performance and the achievement of the team's
objectives.

My understanding of  IANA functions revolves around its role in managing
and ensuring the global uniqueness of three types of Internet
identifiers: protocol parameters, IP addresses, and domain names. I
understand that IANA coordinates the assignment and registration of
protocol parameters, oversees the allocation and management of IP
addresses, and manages the coordination of domain names within the DNS.
I recognize the significance of these functions in facilitating the
smooth operation and growth of the Internet.

   I believe the main purpose of the IFR team is to evaluate and review
Public Technical Identifiers' (PTI) performance and ensure it compliance
with the requirements of the IANA Naming Function Contract, and assess
its openness and transparency procedures and consider any changes that
need to be  implemented.  The team also has an oversight of reviewing
the IANA Naming Function Statement of Work to ensure alignment with its
scope and responsibilities.

I have reviewed the document on  IFR2 Mandate and it time schedule of
work, and I  confirm that I understand the time necessary to participate
in the IFR process and can commit to the role if  appointed.

Thanks and to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Stephen Dakyi