[NCSG-EC] Fwd: ACTION: 20 years of the GNSO! Event planners needed!

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Thu Jul 6 17:02:56 EEST 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	ACTION: 20 years of the GNSO! Event planners needed!
Date: 	Thu, 6 Jul 2023 12:22:37 +0000
From: 	Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org>
To: 	Demetriou, Samantha <sdemetriou at verisign.com>, Johan Helsingius
<julf at Julf.com>, Cole, Mason (Perkins Coie) <MCole at perkinscoie.com>,
Ashley Heineman <aheineman at godaddy.com>, Lori Schulman
<lschulman at inta.org>, Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com>, Raoul
Plommer <plommer at gmail.com>, philippe.fouquart at orange.com
<philippe.fouquart at orange.com>
CC: 	gnso-chairs at icann.org <gnso-chairs at icann.org>, Sue Schuler
<secretariat at rysg.info>, Zoe Bonython <secretariat at icannregistrars.org>,
Brenda Brewer <brenda.brewer at icann.org>, Andrea Glandon
<andrea.glandon at icann.org>, gnso-chairs at icann.org
<gnso-chairs at icann.org>, Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>

Dear All,

As you may know, the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) is
celebrating its *20^th anniversary* this year. To commemorate this
occasion, the staff support team discussed with GNSO Council leadership
that it might be a nice opportunity to celebrate this moment as part of
the ICANN78 Annual General Meeting.

Note, such a celebration would be separate from the ICANN 25^th
Anniversary and a joint session that is being planned by the ALAC, ccNSO
and GNSO to reflect on their respective anniversaries.

For our initial brainstorming we took some inspiration from the ccNSO
who held their 20 years of the ccNSO session
<https://icann.zoom.us/rec/share/WzrOjfhOsmT9UfVRV8EEQUO6P0zi6Uah1RqBvODTl4reGEwJfK_UukrivNGc3wFC.mAFRpforD2aPZbHO?startTime=1686685435000>at
ICANN77 and were thinking of planning for a session either at the end of
the day on Saturday or Sunday during which GNSO members could reminisce
key milestones over the years, take part in a GNSO pub quiz and hear
from those that were there in the beginning during a fireside chat,
followed by a reception (if we can find sponsors). But as this is YOUR
celebration, it is of course up to you to decide what you think is the
best way to celebrate 20 years of GNSO.

To take this conversation forward, we would like to ask you to *identify
1 member of each Stakeholder Group* to help translate this initial
brainstorm, together with Council leadership, into a more concrete plan
and proposal following which we will need all your help to make it a
reality.

Of course, if you have any ideas or suggestions you would like to share,
or if you or your organization may be willing to sponsor some of the
activities or materials, please reach out to us off-list.

Please let us know *by 14 July at the latest* who from your Stakeholder
Group would like to join the anniversary planning committee.

Best regards,

Marika & Nathalie

On behalf of the Policy staff in support of the GNSO