[NCSG-EC] Fwd: NCSG WS2 Recommendations

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Tue Aug 29 13:47:43 EEST 2023

Are we OK with signing off this?

	Julf

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	NCSG WS2 Recommendations
Date: 	Mon, 28 Aug 2023 20:04:33 +0000
From: 	Andrea Glandon <andrea.glandon at icann.org>
To: 	Johan Helsingius <julf at Julf.com>
CC: 	Andrea Glandon <andrea.glandon at icann.org>, Daniel Gluck
<daniel.gluck at icann.org>, Alperen Eken <alperen.eken at icann.org>

Dear Julf,

We are writing to follow up on the NCSG’s continuing implementation of
those Work Stream 2 (WS2) recommendations that were directed towards the
community. As you know, implementation of all WS2 recommendations
involves work by the ICANN Board, the org and the community. You can
find information about the work that is being done regarding WS2
Implementation here
<https://community.icann.org/display/WEIA/Implementation>, including
progress reports.

With regard to community implementation of the relevant recommendations,
you may recall that ICANN org conducted a mapping inventory of *WS2
Recommendations 2 and 6 (**Good Faith*
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ccwg-acct-ws2-annex-2-good-faith-guidelines-final-recs-27mar18-en.pdf>*and
**Accountability*
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ccwg-acct-ws2-annex-6-soac-final-recs-27mar18-en.pdf>*)*for
each Supporting Organization (SO), Advisory Committee (AC), Regional At
Large Organization (RALO), GNSO Stakeholder Group (SG), and GNSO
Constituency (C). As we noted when first circulating each group’s
initial inventory, our objective in preparing it was to assist with each
group’s implementation of these two WS2 recommendations by providing it
with a draft list of its existing procedures and asking that each group
*confirm the accuracy of the list and determine if further work by your
group is needed*. Please *acknowledge and formally sign off the
recommendation, if no formal objections are raised, the status quo will
be deemed accepted*. You can find your group’s inventory here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xxPZjIjrjLBiKjcgWKbhhxWhbsBdcRudCqRDl4W5UlY/edit?usp=sharing>on
this link.

The inventory is intended to be a*gap analysis* of the above-noted WS2
recommendations, mapped to your group’s current governance documents
(e.g. your Charter or group bylaws) and, where applicable, operating
procedures. Our colleagues who support the other SOs/ACs, including the
GNSO Council, are conducting the same exercise with these groups to
ensure that the community inventorying is done in a uniform format.

As a next step, we will be happy to support your group in this effort.
If there is a specific point of contact or any particular members of
your group that we should be working with, we will be grateful if you
can let us know who they are. We would also like to suggest 15 September
2023**as a possible due date to aim for completing the initial inventory
review for Recommendation 6. *Please let us know if you would like us to
schedule a call with you or your group’s representatives to discuss the
inventory* *and next steps.*

Best regards,

Alperen Eken (On behalf of the team supporting WS2 community
implementation efforts)