[NCSG-EC] 2023 Election Timelines

Andrea Glandon andrea.glandon at icann.org
Mon Apr 24 18:53:19 EEST 2023

Hello all!

I am bringing all of the groups together to discuss the election timeline. Traditionally the groups all hold their elections together. Below is the timeline that has been sent to all ECs. We do have some time built in before NCSG names have to be turned in for ICANN78. I am happy to adjust this timeline by a week to two. In fact, I think at this point it may be a good idea to postpone at least 1 week. Selfishly, I would like to keep all of the elections at the same time, as this makes keeping track of elections a bit easier. However, I am happy to adjust as each EC sees fit.

Nomination period

Monday, 01 May to 23:59 UTC Monday, 08 May

Candidate statements posted to NCSG/NCUC/NPOC mailing list

by 23:59 UTC Friday, 12 May

Membership Call with candidates (if needed)

Monday, 15 May

Confidential, electronic voting period

00:00 UTC Wednesday, 17 May to 23:59 UTC Wednesday, 24 May

Announcement of results

Friday, 26 May

ICANN78 travel support deadline

Friday, 23 June